[Gllug] enable ftp root access.

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Thu May 22 20:43:22 UTC 2003

hello there,

sending any files with ftp as root is a serious serious security risk.

i cant really think of any reason you might 'need' to ftp as root, what are you
trying to do?

just another note about threading :-)

if you are going to post to the list please please dont just hit reply to one
of the posts in a topic, make a fresh mail and send it to gllug at linux.co.uk, if
you dont then people that use mutt, pine and evolution see your message right
in the middle of an un-related topic :-)

bredroll

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 07:52:50PM +0100, hari pilai wrote:
> Hi All,
> Could someone pls tell me how do I enable root access via FTP. Using
> REDHAT version 8, and also tried removing root from \etc\ftpusers but no
> luck.
> Thanks
> Hari
>

> --