[Gllug] Re: [GLUG] Question

Gareth Gregor glug at vukanet.co.za
Mon May 19 10:48:55 UTC 2003

> Just a question, I need to change the IP addy of a server at our hosting
> centre, which is about 1.5 hours away from the office, and I am not in the
> mood to go out there. Can anyone forsee any problems with just running:
>
> ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.205

 If i were you, i would do an ifconfig eth0:1 192.168.1.205 that way you
can disconnect and pnig and ssh the new ip, test if it all works then
ifconfig eth0 down. You may also want to set this to do it on bootup, else
should the power trip you going to have to do it again.

Just a thaught, use it, dont use it...

Gareth

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk