[Gllug] LinkSys Wireless Card

Mick Farmer mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Mon May 19 11:37:29 UTC 2003

Dear GLLUGers,

I'm running RH 8.0 on a Sony Vario laptop and want to use
the above card for my WiFi link.  However, when I activate
the network connection the following error message shows up
in the system log.

   Channel out or range (0)!

This is in spite of me setting the channel to 6.  I've also
tried the following.

   iwconfig eth1 channel 6

This produces an error about not supporting extensions
(sorry to be vague, but I'm not by the system).  Does anyone
have any pointers to possible solutions?

Regards,

Mick               /"\
                   \ /
Linux Registered    X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
User #287765       / \ Against HTML Mail

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk