[Gllug] Mysql Start script

Grzegorz Jaskiewicz gj at pointblue.com.pl
Wed May 14 11:32:25 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 12:14, Neil Fryer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to start MySQL when the system boots, and I have just created a
> one liner to do this, and it won't work, can anyone tell me why, or give me
> a link to where I can create this script properly, as this is what mine
> looks like:
>
> /usr/local/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld &
>
> And I get the error saying:
>

> The file /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld doesn't exist or is not executable
> Please do a cd to the mysql installation directory and restart
> this script from there as follows:
> ./bin/safe_mysqld.

Just read this message and do what it tells you to do.
I is simple
cd /usr/local/mysql/
./bin/safe_mysqld &
and that is it

you should use package for your distro or create scripts in /etc/init.d
maybe you should take existing ones for your distro and just use them -
they should work with any version of mysql you have :-)

--
Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj at pointblue.com.pl>
K4 labs

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk