[Gllug] Re: [GLUG] Forced

Allen Baranov allen at isa.co.za
Thu May 8 12:53:08 UTC 2003

Hi,

With all due respect it sounds like you are trying to turn what is obviously a
windows solution into a linux hack. There are no good options for any of
those.

Cept maybe the first one.

> A Mail Client that can be used with M$ Exchange

Are you using only mail or are you using the calendar funtion? If its only
mail try see if you can use pop or imap to connect.

> Evolution with the Exchange connector, opinions?

This will cost you some buxx. Evolution is also very memory intensive. But a
very nice product.

> Something that can read and write M$ Project docs

No idea on this one.

> Something that can read/write M$ Visio docs.

I have seen plenty of packages that impliment this badly but with lots of
potential. But nothing that works well. Visio is the only option in this
case.(for now)

How often will you be using these programs? I have some tools that only run on
windows (and badly in wine) but I don't use them all the time so I use
rdesktop (to terminal server) to do my work when I need windows and linux all
the rest of the time.

Uptime: 31 days :)

Allen Baranov

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk