[Gllug] inetd limits

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Thu May 15 12:05:14 UTC 2003

Just a throwaway thought; there is a program called 'tcpserver' (I think)
which is a companion opf the qmail package, which does a similar sort of
thing to inetd (ie listens for connections and spawns the required process).
We use it to run the qmail-smptd processes.
>From memory I think it may only listen on one port, but if you have a
specific service that needs more spwans that inetd happily caters for,
tcpserver may be your answer.

Another side, the various posts concernng adjusting TV tubes remind me of
a jolly CEGB educational film run on BBC-2 meany years ago as a test programme
for then very new Colour service (no I'm not bragging !) together with
various fishing programs.  I still remember the mnemonic SIDE -
Switch off
Isolate
Dump
Earth