[Gllug] Sync on Green VDU for sony linux

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Mon May 19 17:18:15 UTC 2003

Sarah Ewen writes:

>Consequently it's not your average Linux distribution, and while I'd
>encourage any Linux users that are interested in it, I would say that
>it's not ideal if you're one of those nuts[1] who has to run bleeding
>edge versions of everything.

True, but a 2.4 kernel is hardly bleeding edge :-) I jsut wish I had
the time (and to an extent knowledge, but primarily time) to get a
newer kernel running myself...

Still, even as it stands, it's a nice feeling to see a homebrewed
asteroids game running side by side on my PS2 Linux, and PC Linux
machines concurrently -- I'm sure it doesn't fit Sony's master
plan for world domination[1], but I'm not about to start writing
non-portable code :-) I suspect if I wanted to get serious performance
out of it, then I'd need to start looking at PS2 specific code, but
for what we've been doing so far, it's not necessary.

Tet

[1] A bit harsh perhaps, but also probably true (as it is for any
    corporation of that size)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk