[Gllug] Forced

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Thu May 8 13:28:06 UTC 2003

itsbruce at uklinux.net writes:

>> A Mail Client that can be used with M$ Exchange	- I am thinking of
>> Evolution with the Exchange connector, opinions?
>> Something that can read and write M$ Project docs
>> Something that can read/write M$ Visio docs.
>
>There's nothing that can adequately do those last two.  Visio isn't even
>good at exporting SVG files, one of the few formats that Dia
>(http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/) can handle.
>
>Your best option may well be to install the Crossover Office product
>from Crodeweavers.

I'll second this. While AbiWord, Gnumeric and OpenOffice (bleugh!) now
give us reasonable access to common MS Office documents, but Project
and Visio remain the two major stumbling blocks, and there aren't
any viable native Linux options. Crossover Office is an excellent
choice in situations like this. Furthermore, they're a really nice
company to deal with and are very responsive to problems. My only real
complaint would be their bug tracking system, which is cumbersome to
use compared to, say, bugzilla.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk