[Gllug] Re:SCO's Linux fight

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Fri May 30 08:24:21 UTC 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003, rdrinkwater wrote:

> I think the letter at
> http://www.sco.com/scosource/letter_to_linux_customers.html makes
> interesting reading.

It contains many of the same nonsense claims they have made of the past
couple of months.

Their claim against IBM is nothing to do with "intellectual property
rights" as such but rather a breach of contract issue - if there is any
case at all.

As to the claim that the "methods and concepts involved in software design"
are confidential I think anyone teaching software development might have
something to say on that one.

SCO are just digging themselves further and further into a grave. To my
mind the sooner a court starts filling it in behind them (with them in it)
the better.

Jason Cilfford
http://www.ukfsn.org/			Sign up now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk