[Gllug] non-interactive passwd

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Fri May 9 18:31:50 UTC 2003

On Thursday 08 May 2003 16:46, I thought I heard Mick Farmer say
> Dear Murray,
>
> Linux has a command called useradd which can be used to set
> passwords, etc.
ah, but the -p switch will require the encrypted form of the password, if you
are using shadow ( i have been caught out by this), but i suppose this is
scriptable (I haven't tried).
-p passwd
The encrypted password, as returned by crypt(3).
The default is  to  disable  the account.
Stuart Sears RHCT (Registered Linux User #284465. LFS user #6416).
--
The difference between this place [Milton Keynes] and
yoghurt is that yoghurt has a live culture.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk