[Gllug] Using sendmail to execute PHP scripts

John Hearns jhearns at freesolutions.net
Thu May 1 09:23:47 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 09:36, Peter Adamson wrote:
> Well thanks for the advice.
> But the machine I'm doing this on is our companys mailserver.
>
> I don't really want to be installing other MTA's & stuff,
> and it looks like that needs Postfix. (which I assume is another MTA)

If you are able to put entries in /etc/aliases and create MySQL
databases on the machine, why can't you change the MTA :-)
Sorry - please note the smiley. I'm being facetious.
Postfix is indeed an MTA - and a heck of a lot easier to install and
administer, IMHO.
You probably have a very competent person looking after your Sendmail,
so I agree you shouldn't try to prove how smart you are by provoking
him/her.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk