[Gllug] MySql problem...

David Myers davemyers at mailbox.co.uk
Tue May 20 20:07:47 UTC 2003

Kristian Davies wrote:

> I have managed to get mysql up and running and I have created a few
> tables... But.... I seem to have done something I shouldn't and it seems to
> have let me..
>
> I have created a field within a table with a dot in it. i.e.. Within Table
> "users" a field called "user.name" instead of "user_name"
>
> When I open the table for edit, it allows me to press delete and it
> disappears but then when I try an exit I get "[MyHost] ERROR 1091: Can't
> DROP 'name'. Check that column/key exists" and thus it wont let me save.  I
> have also tried a few things from the command line which more or less give
> the same error.

A neat little trick wich I use a lot at work on Windows is to save the
file as a different name with the correction, then delete the origonal?
this works a treat with temporary files in Word. I assume the same would
work in this instance but not being an SQL type I wouldn't know!

hope its helpfull.

good luck.

> Anyone able to help ?
>
> Thanks.
> Kristian

> The information transmitted is intended only for the
> person or entity to which it is addressed and may
> contain confidential and/or privileged material.
> Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
> use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
> information by persons or entities other than the
> intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this
> in error, please contact the sender and delete the
> material from any computer.

Dave "The Rave" myers.

AKA. the scourge of the dusty eyeball

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk