[Gllug] SSL certificates

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Mon May 12 09:57:51 UTC 2003

Daniel Andersson (daniel at septum.org) wrote:
> > So, any recommendations? We've got one from freessl.com as a backup
> > in case Verisign don't come through in time, but what about others?
> > My instinct would have been to go with Thawte, but they're now part
> > of the greater Verisign empire, so I'd rather look elsewhere...
>
> from my experience thawte are very good
> they have an office in the uk, and they provide very good customer service
> and they keep you informed during the whole process
> ie we've now received this, still waiting for that etc etc
>
> would recommend them

I'll second that. Last year I was purchasing 20 - 30 certs of them, and
when desparate, managed to geta  signed cert within two hours of
generating a CSR (given all my supporting doco was correctand accounted
for, and the CN was a well known Bank). They have staff in most local
time zones worldwide, which is a big plus when trying to talk to someone
who can answer questions. ;)

 James B
--
 James Bromberger <james_AT_rcpt.to> www.james.rcpt.to
 Remainder moved to http://www.james.rcpt.to/james/sig.html

I am in London on UK mobile +44 7952 042920.