[Gllug] [OT] Matrix on a digital projection screen?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri May 16 10:07:04 UTC 2003

When the last Star Wars came out, Odeon Leicester Square (ticket
price: one grandmother) and Ritzy Brixton were the only cinemas with
digital projectors.  I saw it at the Ritzy and the digital projection
experience was awesome -- brilliant clarity (helps that the
projectionist knows how to focus, unlike the average multiplex
projectionist), no film scratches or jitter and much whiter whites and
blacker blacks.

So does anyone know if there are any newly installed digital
projectors in London?  If not, I guess I'll be down at the Ritzy again
next Friday...  I couldn't recommend the digital experience more!

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make
  violent revolution inevitable."
- John F. Kennedy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk