[Gllug] Nasty monitor - giveaway

Branden Faulls bfaulls at omphe.com
Thu May 15 13:40:43 UTC 2003

Tethys wrote:

> FYI, this is usually quite easy to fix. If the monitor doesn't have an
> on screen gun alignment setting, then just take the case off and tweak
> the alignment resistors.

This is unrelated but there appears to be some expertise here I could
avail myself of...

My Trinitron monitor "clicks" off when I turn it off in the morning. I
turn it on and it cycles back and forth from on to standby then off.
Sounds like a turn signal in the car.  Takes me a good twenty minutes
till the thing will stay on, then it's fine for the rest of the day.

Any thoughts?  Is it hardware or misconfigured XFree86 or a PEBCAK
[Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard].  Is there a fix similar to
the one mentioned above for this sort of problem?

Cheers

Branden Faulls

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk