[Gllug] help

Gary Pownall gary_pownall at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 20:35:36 UTC 2003

sorry about that. an errant click of the mouse.  does anyone know how to solve access issues I'm having with my cdroms.  They appear on the desktop but when i try to view the contents of a cd I get the message "can not read from /mnt/cdrom/."  I've tried to mount the drives as su but all I've succeed in doing is to make them disappear (and the floppy drive too) and yes i have disabled "supermount."

Furthermore I get a "failed to read directory" when ever I try to get to/mnt/cdrom or  /dev/cdrom directories. help!!!

Gary (a desperate Linux user of one week)

during bootup I see the lines scd0 (my cd-R) is write protected will...