[Gllug] FW: Linux wins again !

Murray gllug at minty.org
Wed May 28 21:03:12 UTC 2003

whilst we're here, did anyone miss el reg gushing lyrical...

  Linux heats up the enterprise apps space
  (via IT-Analysis.com)

.... Linux is the fastest growing of all OSs, with a cumulative annual
growth rate of 34%
.... According to IBM, Microsoft will never again achieve the annual growth
rate of 40 per cent for Windows
.... IBM has achieved $1 billion in revenue ... 6,300 customer engagements
.... SAP supporting Linux for four years and has more than 1,000 customers
.... PeopleSoft is porting all of its 170 enterprise applications
.... Oracle ... will soon make its 9i application server and both
collaboration and e-business suites available on Linux.
.... Wall Street firms have taken to Linux in droves, with such companies as
Morgan Stanley, Citibank, eTrade, Merrill Lynch and the New York Stock
Exchange using it. In Europe, financial services firms such as HSBC and
Deutsche Bank are deploying Linux, and it is also making inroads into
government and retail verticals.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk