[Gllug] OT: MTU sizes, w/ Broadband

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Wed May 14 13:38:32 UTC 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Chris Bell wrote:

> I think the time division multiplexing is well understood, the rather
> long explanation I found for sending two separate parallel data streams was
> not understood even by the book's author, even though I would assume that
> they are now routed via the same multiplex links.

Strange, I've never heard of parallel data streams in atm. As far as I
know it's a single asynchronous data stream. Do you have a reference ?

As far as I can see (revising my old digital telecoms training via Google)
all the routing information is carried in a 5 byte header.

I found this introduction [1] which seems to concur with my dusty memory.
Warning - it is a usability nightmare and the overlong title tags
(containing useful info) don't display properly in Mozilla. IE will make
you sick with M$ animations :)

Simon.

[1] http://www.allcomm.co.uk/~singh/TLegends/howatmworks%2010.htm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk