[Gllug] DTI/Government Open Source Software consultation

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed May 7 09:26:29 UTC 2003

On Mon 28 Apr, Rich Walker wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I get some material from the DTI. One item in this weeks mail was the
> following:
>

> > DTI / Office of the e-Envoy: Open Source Software consultation
>
> > DTI and the Office of the e-Envoy are exploring the implications
> > ofusing the Open Source Software model as the default exploitation
> > route for software developed under Government funding.  Initial
> > consultation with a number of players in the area has resulted in the
> > development of four policy points in draft form, which could tie
> > anoverall policy to the steps needed to implement it. These
> > preliminary ideas now need to be submitted to a more broadly-based
> > industrial consultation. Please email Lee Vousden
> > (lee.vousden at dti.gsi.gov.uk) if you would like to see and comment onthe
> > current draft. The closing date for comments is Friday 2nd May 2003.

   I have sent two short emails to Dr Lee Vousden giving some information
about OSS, and have received in reply an invitation to attend a policy
discussion at the DTI building, 1 Victoria St, pm 15th May.
   While I am able to attend, I am by no means the most expert member of
this group. Would anyone more qualified than myself like me to ask for
another invitation? I have no idea how much space will be available, or
whether a larger hall would be available if neccessary.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk