[Gllug] Sendmail gateway problem

Peter Adamson peter.adamson at ktsplc.com
Wed May 7 14:10:46 UTC 2003

Yep its that hated subject sendmail.

I've just added a program to process incoming mail.

So in  /etc/aliases I've got:

test_support: "| /usr/local/bin/php /home/peter/bin/gateway.php"
person2: "| /usr/local/bin/php /home/peter/bin/gateway.php"

(I know I can -and will eventualy get rid of the call to php first but it
works).

Anyhow the gateway.php file gets an email & does it's stuff.
Sendmail is residing on foo.bar.com

When an email is sent to "test_support at foo.bar.com" everything is ok.
When an email is sent to "nonexistant at foo.bar.com" sendmail send back a user
doesn't exist message, which is ok.

When an email is sent to "test_support at foo.bar.com, person2 at foo.bar.com" the
gateway.php script is only called for test_support.

Why doesn't sendmail call the gateway.php for everyone on the "To:" / "Cc:"
"Bcc:" headers, that match in the aliases file?

Cheers,
Peter

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk