[Gllug] old graphics cards

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Mon May 19 23:07:25 UTC 2003

On , 19 May 2003, Nix wrote:
>On Mon, 19 May 2003, Rickey Costas mused:
>>As the talk has been of old junk here recently, does anyone have
>>any of these old graphics cards that they'd like to part with for
>>geforce 256
>>geforce DDR
>>Diamond Viper II Z200
>That's old? I think they're newer than all but one of my graphics
>cards...

My fastest graphics card, in the games box, _is_ a GeForce DDR.
They've held up surprisingly well - 3DMark scores higher than a lot of
GeForce 2s, and within about 80% of GeForce 4 MXes (which aren't, no,
really GeForce 4s, but...)

If I were going to upgrade that box I'd probably put more processor in
it, not more graphics card...

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk