[Gllug] Slackware and fonts

North London John northlondonjohn at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 9 10:53:52 UTC 2003

Hi,

Just installed Slackware 9 on my x86 laptop, and it's working a treat!
Dumped Win altogether - no more BSOD for me.

Two glitches:

Firstly, although there's a good selection of fonts under KDE, Gnome
only has a few, and ugly ones at that. Why is this? Isn't there a
general, system wide font repository? If not, how do I set one up?

Second, I've done the usual googling, but it strikes me that there is
much less slackware specific help than for any other distro. Can anyone
recommend any good sources for slack info? (I've found the SW
essentials book).

Ta

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk