[Gllug] exim configuration - smarthost deliver fails

David Pashley gllug at davidpashley.com
Fri May 2 13:55:48 UTC 2003

On May 03, 2003 at 14:38, Branden Faulls praised the llamas by saying:
> Whenever I try to send an eMail from my debian box, via exim and through
> my smarthost, I get a failure email with a 553 (not in list of
> rcpthosts) error message.
>
> Is my smarthost considering messages sent to other domains to be an
> attempt to relay?

Yes it is. Is the smarthost under your control?

> To send email with the same host with my MUA, I have to authenticate, so
>  is it possible to set up exim to do the same?

Yes it is.

 plain:
   driver = plaintext
   public_name = PLAIN
   client_send = "^username^password"

Assuming you want plain authentication. If oyu need something else, then
look at the examples at the bottom of /etc/exim/exim.conf

--
David Pashley
david at parguild.co.uk