[Gllug] DTI/Government Open Source Software consultation

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Fri May 16 14:29:24 UTC 2003

Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org> writes:

> On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 09:26:29AM +0000, Chris Bell wrote:
> >    I have sent two short emails to Dr Lee Vousden giving some information
> > about OSS, and have received in reply an invitation to attend a policy
> > discussion at the DTI building, 1 Victoria St, pm 15th May.
> >    While I am able to attend, I am by no means the most expert member of
> > this group. Would anyone more qualified than myself like me to ask for
> > another invitation? I have no idea how much space will be available, or
> > whether a larger hall would be available if neccessary.
>
> How did this go?

<cough>

An interesting and robust discussion was undertaken. Many points were
raised for the DTI/OeE team to consider, and a new draft will be
produced taking these into consideration.

</cough>

Then the OSS contingent went for a beer.

cheers, Rich.

rich walker | technical person | Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
front-of-tshirt space to let     251 Liverpool Road   |
                                 London  N1 1LX       | +UK 20 7700 2487

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk