[Gllug] Major corporal damage to the Kernel?

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Thu May 8 10:23:21 UTC 2003

And verily, didst Mike Brodbelt announce to the hordes:
> > If you do have a bit of hardware with a driver that won't compile, all it
> > means is downgrading to a previous kernel (or upgrading to the latest stock
> > one, depending on what the docs say that came with the driver).
>
> Call me a cynic, but you can just fix that problem by not buying
> hardware from vendors who won't release specs. It's not hard....

But, if they're supplying the sources which just happen to fail to compile
against one heavily patched kernel... don't the sources constitute specs?

Maybe the sources just haven't made it into the tree yet, so they're being
supplied by the manufacturer?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk