[Gllug] javascript - followup re Tet's post

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 10:49:35 UTC 2003

Tet (and Will)

Thanks for your posts concerning the need to also validate the data on the
Server.   I had never intended to change the server code - all input data
is always fully validated by the program, since you can never rely on a) the
user typing the 'right' thing and b) the browser behaving the way is
supposed to.  For example, I note that IE will send a whole load of 'checkbox'
names with null values, even though none of the boxes may have been checked -
a bit pointless really !

The whole thrust of my question was directed to simply saving bandwidth by
avoiding the browser having to submit obviously insufficient/invalid requests
and the server having to reply.  Sorry, perhaps I should have made that clear
in my original post.

Tim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk