[Gllug] HTML Mail

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 10:43:35 UTC 2003

I would definitely agree with Tet's thoughts on bandwidth wastage.
To compound things, it seems that Microsoft systems often generate inefficient
HTML.   I remember our original web pages were generated with 'front page' or
some other MS product and were absolutely huge.  Manual trimming reduced the
size by well over half without changing the appearance.  Seems to me taht the
people that design these products seem to assume that we all have 'fat' pipes
to the internet, terabyte disc systems, and multi-gigaherz processors !

Tim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk