[Gllug] Fibre attached SCSI Drives - Qlogic 2100 & Chaparral K7413

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Fri Nov 21 14:44:56 UTC 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Andy Young wrote:

> Detected scsi disk sda at scsi2, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
>
> But I'm not :(

I had a similar one a week or so ago (recall the Promise thhread).
I was booting a server with a 3Ware SATA controller via a PXE boot.
I had the sae thing - controller appears, but no disks.
I solved it by enabling a kernel switch - but I forget which one exactly.
It was something really stupid like SCSI support...
(not that blatant - but you get my drift)

By the way, can't you use a later Redhat version and supply the driver
at boot time, and then  compile ap your own kernel with that module?D

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk