[Gllug] DNS woes

Simon Perry Simon.Perry at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Nov 3 21:58:34 UTC 2003

Hi,

I am having some issues with ukreg.com, I recently moved my si-designs.net
domain name over to them seemingly without problem until it came to changing
nameservers.

I entered my new nameservers (ns1.si-designs.co.uk ns2.si-designs.co.uk) in
via the web interface and got an error back "Update Name Server error.
Response Code: 480 Response Text: Command failed: unable to verify existence
of nameserver ns2.si-designs.co.uk".

I have verified that my nameservers are up and running, I have several sites
currently running fine.

Google has been of limited aid, the only answer I have come up with is that
openSRS requires nameservers to be entered into their database but I am at a
loss as to how to do that.

Any bright ideas most appreciated.

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk