[Gllug] Fibre attached SCSI Drives - Qlogic 2100 & Chaparral K7413

Christian Smith csmith at micromuse.com
Fri Nov 21 15:04:21 UTC 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Andy Young wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I'm trying to rebuild an oldish server that has an disk array managed by
>a Chaparral K7413 controller attached to a Qlogic 2100 HBA.
>
>I've gone back to Redhat 7.0 which supports the QLA2100 out of the box
>(later Redhat distros support the 2200 and 2300 but not 2100).
>
>My server can 'see' the HBA and the drive array controller, but not the
>disks attached.
>The Qlogic firmware setup can run a disk check, so they are all plugged
>up OK.

The drives may appear on other luns of the controller. There is a way to
make a kernel probe all luns in the config, or you can do it at run time.

Try:
# echo "scsi add-single-device 2 0 0 1" > /proc/scsi/scsi

which will probe for a device on controller 2, channel 0, device 0, lun 1.
Your first drive should appear. Repeat for additional drives.

--
"The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur"
  George W. Bush

    /"\
    / \

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk