[Gllug] Just say no to first.last email addresses

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Wed Nov 5 18:07:08 UTC 2003

Some time ago, someone wrote a white paper on why firstname.lastname
email addresses were a bad idea, and why email addresses shouldn't be
easily guessable to external parties. Unfortunately, I can't find it
any more, and Google isn't returning anything useful. It used the fact
that AT&T once had two Stephen R Bournes as an example, but I can't
remember much more about it.

Anyone know of it, or better still, have a reference to somewhere I
could find it?

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk