[Gllug] qmail, dhcp, dns query

bradut at bradut.com bradut at bradut.com
Thu Nov 13 20:47:09 UTC 2003

I have a Debian Woody machine running qmail. It conects to a vigor
router. I had in /etc/resolv.conf just an entry "nameserver
[ip_address_of_the_router]"
This worked fine for browsing the net, but qmail is talking about
CNAME_failed_temporarily or something like this.
The machine is on DHCP so I expected to pick it's dns settings
automatically from the router/[dhcp server] which it does for internet browsing but nor for qmail.
After putting nameserver entries in /etc/resolv.conf all went ok...
(proof being this email which has been deilvered and possibly a previous one about a problem which I have sorted by now)

I would appreciate any information in relation to the above.

Thanks,

Bradut

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk