[Gllug] Libraries for writing OpenOffice .sxw files?

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 19:10:56 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 10:08, Tethys wrote:

> [1] This has the added advantage[2] that it goes through a decent H&J
>     engine[3]. Other PDF generators like FOP, Retep or Panda are years
>     behind in typographical quality. Using the same principle, you
>     could of course use TeX instead of groff.

Hmm - you (or someone else) might be able to answer a question that has
mildly bugged me for years, but I've never bothered to actually find out
the answer to. I've seen many documents, written in TeX, where the
output PostScript is typographically beautiful, but which, when
converted to PDF, display a rendering problem that makes them look at
though each letter has different vertical alignment. What actually
causes that? Some font weirdness or something?

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk