[Gllug] Calendars

David Irvine maillist at glasgownet.com
Wed Nov 26 17:29:52 UTC 2003

A few thoughts...

This is something i've been meaning to look into, in our office we need
to get some kind of group calendar where we can schedule meetings, and
stuff like that. At the moment I generally use my memory, which isnt
very reliable.  Up until recently I also used a zaurus. The problem
however is being an office full of geeks we all use different tools, so
what i think would be really cool is to have some kind of server which
supports the calender protocol and lots of clients which also support
calender protocol, the idea being that you have as little syncing
between random devices and as much real time stuff as possible.

I've seen a number of php applications which do some of the features you
like, but not all of them, sqwebmail for example, has a nice calendar,
but, obviously it doesnt have X popups, however i'm sure something like
that could be scripted to run a command or whatever instead of just
giving you a message at the top of your webmail.

CHeers

David

--
-- David Irvine