[Gllug] Voluntary work

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 08:34:02 UTC 2003

On Tue 11 Nov, Formi wrote:

>  I did volunteer for a big charity working with children in the 3rd world,
>  emotional blackmail, paying for favours to local militia groups, profit
>  over everything and the rest. And how did I found out?
>
>  It was a common joking theme of the payed staff.
>
>  Unbelievable. As well of the 1/4 of million quid the founder was said
>  to be making a year.

   The charity commission in the UK is investigating this sort of thing, a
friend supplied a fair amount of equipment and services to a registered
charity in the UK which has since been closed and the organisers charged
with various offences. The commission sent in its own auditors, and he is
now wondering if and when he will be paid.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk