[Gllug] [OT] Largest mailbox EVER!

Jack Bertram jack at jbertram.net
Wed Nov 19 10:53:40 UTC 2003

* Martin A. Brooks <martin at clues.ltd.uk> [031119 10:45]:
> On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 10:21, Jack Bertram wrote:
> > Not so - things like nested bullet points and bold are extremely useful
> > in making short communications convey the right message.
>
> * Bullet points are easily done with just plain text.
> * It's _really_ easy to emphasise words without resorting to HTML.

* Nested bullet points aren't, especially in Windows software that
  won't automatically indent for you.

* Business people don't understand the _foo_ convention, and it's most
  useful for highlighting individual words rather than phrases (unless
  you do the _whole_ _of_ _this_ _phrase_ thing which is rather clumsy)

I'd never use formatting on a Linux list, but for business communication
I'm afraid the lack of formatting is a massive disadvantage.

jack

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk