[Gllug] Star Office/ Open Office.org

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Thu Nov 6 14:28:39 UTC 2003

On Thu 06 Nov Nix wrote:
> Just about the only thing I've found it *doesn't* complain about is
> short memos written in baby-talk. (Corporatespeak gets complaints about
> the passive voice --- what's wrong with the passive voice? --- and
> overlong sentences.)

Americans are taught to use the active voice because they think it
sounds better.  The natural writing style for Brits is in the passive
voice, especially when writing professional documents.

doug.

--
6973E2CF print 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC  609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
"Perl is worse than Python because people wanted it worse."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk