[Gllug] [OT] Largest mailbox EVER!

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Nov 20 09:42:38 UTC 2003

On Thu 20 Nov, Tethys bloviated thus:

>     But they replaced their Atex system with a
>     Windows based one (at vast expense), and now they have a shoddy
>     looking product[2]. I've ranted elsewhere about the decline of
>     typographical standards, and Redmond is primarily to blame for
>     much of it.
>
> [2] To the point where they've had to redesign the lower case "f",
>     making it narrower to avoid "fi" sequences looking awful without
>     ligatures. They've done the same to a few other characters for
>     the same reason.

What piece of crap typesetting software are they using?!?!?  Both
Quark and Pagemaker support ligatures, with the appropriate expert
fonts installed.  What are they using?  Word?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

A lifetime of listening to disco music is a high price to pay
for one's sexual preference

- Quentin Crisp

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk