[Gllug] Voluntary work

mimo mimo at restoel.net
Wed Nov 12 16:26:28 UTC 2003

Sarah Ewen wrote:

>> Is it just me or the menus on their website don't work in Mozilla
>> Firebird? I had to resort to Links to be able to browse it.
>>

>It's not just you - I had the same problem.

Their menus work fine in my Mozilla (Windows 1.5).

>Is this the kind of place that would take your old computer off your
>hands, or do they just want your money/time?

I can recommend computeraid as they are perfectly persuing a good cause.
I know them personally and they have been (maybe the) first organisation
to refurbish computers and ship them to less developed places at very
low price. They use volunteers for refurbishing. All the information
about how they work is freely available ("Open Knowledge") and there is
definitly nothing dodgy about them.

mimo

--
Please note that this account is being filtered using anti UCE systems. If you send email to this account make sure that it could not be mistaken as UCE.