[Gllug] Voluntary work

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Thu Nov 13 16:12:06 UTC 2003

Gordon Joly writes:

>At 15:14 +0000 2003/11/13, Harry Mantheakis wrote:
>> > Microsoft's biggest advantage
>>
>>MS Office - Word and Excel in particular - I would say.
>>
>>Just my tuppence :-)
>>
>>Harry Mantheakis
>
>OpenOffice.org has adequate replacements.

No, it has substandard replacements. Abiword and gnumeric are better,
but still not good enough to replace the features of Word and Excel
that are in everyday use in businesses. We're considering migrating
users to a Linux desktop here, but the barriers are very high. We
think that certain departments can get away with the Linux based
alternatives to Word and Excel, but many can't.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk