[Gllug] Voluntary work

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Nov 14 12:58:41 UTC 2003

On Friday, 14 Nov 2003, Bernard Peek wrote:
>>Samba 3.x outperforms Windows Server 2003 by 50%, reported elsewhere.
>Yes, that's the sort of argument I was getting tired of. I understood
>the argument and accepted that as a fact. It still didn't justify
>putting in a Linux system.

This argument is mostly useful in academentia and extreme
bean-counting situations, where new equipment comes out of a different
pot to staff time, which is regarded as effectively free because you
already paid for it.

[Of course, that attitude's demented, but that doesn't mean it isn't
there...]

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk