[Gllug] [Fwd: Server]

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Nov 26 23:44:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 05:40:13AM +0800, James wrote:
> Of course, you can always look at xfs/jfs as well, both of which I would
> think are more trustworthy/effecient than ext3.

Efficient, yes, but trustworthy?  Ext3 is the most conservative of all
the journalling filesystems for Linux, being an extension of the Ext2
design rather than something completely new.  XFS, in contrast, had to
have large chunks of core code ripped out of it before it could be
ported, to avoid IP issues.  It took some time for it to become stable.

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.  -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"