[Gllug] Voluntary work

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 20:13:45 UTC 2003

Tethys wrote:
>>OpenOffice.org has adequate replacements.
>
> No, it has substandard replacements.

I aggree with that.  Openoffice just doesn't seem as *polished*.

 >Abiword and gnumeric are better,
> but still not good enough to replace the features of Word and Excel
> that are in everyday use in businesses.

The developers of Gnumeric claim that it has 100% of the functionality
of excell[0], although I don't use 'office' applications so I can't
really confirm this.  From the minimal use I have had of Gnumeric and
excell, gnumeric does seem to work well.  There doesn't seem to be a
better option for a word processor though.

Will.

[0]ISTR

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk