[Gllug] [Fwd: Server]

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Nov 30 13:05:16 UTC 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Richard Jones moaned:
[on reiserfs]
> The design of the filesystem (ie. without blocks) pretty much ensures
> that any corruption can't be recovered manually.

Er, reiserfs has blocks; even reiserfs4 has blocks.

Sure, tail packing means that the ends of multiple files can be squashed
together in a single block, but that's hardly radical: I mean, even FFS
does it!

(The tree layout makes it tricky to recover, though.)

--
`We would attempt a witticism, but mere English language comedy is as
dust once you have read the study of Hecke rings in chapter 2.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk