[Gllug] [OT] Largest mailbox EVER!

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Nov 17 22:43:22 UTC 2003

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Martin A. Brooks muttered drunkenly:
> Not even close.  The marketing director of the law firm I worked for
> used to refuse point blank to empty her trash folder because she might
> need the stuff in it.
>
> (Huh? If you need it, don't put it in the bin, duh.)

Been there :(

One of my users got het up once because we had a disk failure and her
oh-so-important documents --- stored in the trash can --- had not been
backed up.

I barely kept myself from asking if she kept her important documents in
the bin in the real world too.

(It turned out that she thought that unless she kept her stuff somewhere
with recycle marks on it, the space used by that file would be
*permanently* lost, even if she deleted it; so she kept everything but
audit-trailed correspondence there...)

--
`Me, I want exploding spaceships and pulverized worlds and clashes of
 billion-year-old empires *and* competently written sentences.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk