[Gllug] Libraries for writing OpenOffice .sxw files?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Nov 25 23:38:33 UTC 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Richard Jones yowled:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 07:10:56PM +0000, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
>> Hmm - you (or someone else) might be able to answer a question that has
>> mildly bugged me for years, but I've never bothered to actually find out
>> the answer to. I've seen many documents, written in TeX, where the
>> output PostScript is typographically beautiful, but which, when
>> converted to PDF, display a rendering problem that makes them look at
>> though each letter has different vertical alignment. What actually
>> causes that? Some font weirdness or something?
>
> I've seen this too, and assumed it was font wierdness.

I've never seen it as long as I used decent fonts:

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{ae}

(snarfed from LaTeX code, sorry about the language shift)

Acroread has a number of grotesque bugs that stop OT1 fonts from working
(Adobe know about them and can't be bothered to fix them, IIRC).

--
`Me, I want exploding spaceships and pulverized worlds and clashes of
 billion-year-old empires *and* competently written sentences.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk