[Gllug] Routers and more importantly, Javascript

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Nov 18 16:08:05 UTC 2003

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 03:25:38PM +0000, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> Let's say I use the words "David Bowie" in my blog.  I could link to
> www.davidbowie.com which will give the reader absolutely no
> information and attempt to extort money from them, or I could deep
> link to allmusic.com which will give a full biography, discography and
> much more besides.  What's more, the user might find the allmusic.com
> site useful, bookmark it and use it in future.  But of course, getting
> the URL to link to for allmusic.com is quite difficult.

And it will also raise allmusic.com's ranking in Google if they allow
this. (Sites care about this, right? I mean there can't be such a
thing as too *many* hits??)

Don't worry about it however. There's a kind of Darwinian evolution
going on amongst web sites. allmusic.com sounds like it's on the same
evolutionary branch as the trilobite, and we won't need to worry about
them for much longer.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
C2LIB is a library of basic Perl/STL-like types for C. Vectors, hashes,

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk