[Gllug] No login to Debian 3.0r1 bf24 box

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 18:40:16 UTC 2003

On Tue 04 Nov, Andy McGarty wrote:

> I'm not a debian user, but do you have sshd running to allow ssh connections
> in?
>
> I'd imagine telnet was disabled in your inetd/xinetd aettings as standard.
>
> Andy

   Thanks for the reply. Yes, ssh (OpenSSH) is one of the standard Debian
packages and is installed, and as far as I can tell is fully enabled. I have
spent some considerable amount of time comparing files in /etc with the ones
in another box. I suspect that some additional security may have been
enabled on the box, so I have also been searching files for any differences
from the defaults.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk