[Gllug] Pine/Pico rpm install

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 15:05:41 UTC 2003

On Monday 24 Nov 2003 1:29 pm, John Hearns wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 13:58, Kristian Davies wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > Presumably this is because its a new version.  Is there any way I can
> > install Pico ?
>
> Use apt-for-rpm or Yum, which will sort all these dependencies out for
> you.
> Then again, I'm not that familiar with Mandrake, and probably there
> isn't
>  a Yum or apt for Mandrake.
> But isn;t there a similar Mandrake install tool?

urpmi is the one you need. However, it doesn't look like pine is in the
Mandrake main or contrib archives.
However, it is in the PLF source...

http://plf.zarb.org/

If you add them to your urpmi source list, then it's simply a matter of typing
"urpmi pine" as root and it will download and install it for you.
HTH

SteveH

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk