[Gllug] ipv6

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Fri Oct 17 14:59:49 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 01:45:22PM +0100, itsbruce at uklinux.net wrote:
> The only people this would be likely to hurt would be the GPL violators
> themselves.  They immediately lose the benefits of collaboration and if
> in the process they create a significantly divergent system then they
> are faced with the ongoing work of either porting or reimplementing a
> huge amount of code themselves.

Well perhaps. I don't think it hurts them, as they can continue to
steal code unless their system diverges very greatly.  And if their
aim is to create a proprietary operating system, then why not start
with Linux and diverge?  It would certainly give them a big leg up.

Hopefully they _won't_ do this of course, but this is China we're
talking about, and what you gonna do?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj